Thursday, April 11, 2013

1 down, 3 to go!

1 down 3 to go. Of what you ask? Of clinicals!! It is hard to believe but on Monday I bid farewell to one of my four clinical placements! I was surprised by how mixed my emotions were. On the one hand, I was happy to be finally finishing up these crazy clinical days. On the other hand, I said goodbye to an amazing group of people who have been such a great source of support and cheerleading for my nurse practitioner life! It is crazy how people in these clinical settings get to know you so quickly on such an intimate level, and become some of your biggest fans!

Next week, I bid adieu to the remainder of my clinical placements and that is going to be heavy! On Tuesday, I say goodbye to my preceptor that I have for geriatrics. On Wednesday and Friday respectively, I say bye to the two preceptorships I have had the longest (since September!) at Regis College Health Services and my preceptor in Everett. I honestly can't believe how fast time has flown and how much I have learned! As of today, I have 582 hours done.... who would have thought it was possible! 

Tonight I have lecture and we are learning about the musculoskeletal system (not my favorite). It should be interesting and helpful since at least one patient every day is there for a musculoskeletal issue, and let's face it, they affect us all! Before class tonight, my trip-mates and I are speaking to our class about our amazing trip to Grenada last month, so that should be really fun to share what we experienced with the rest of the gang! 

It's funny how as time winds down, I have less and less to say yet I am dealing with more and more. One day soon you will get the super sappy, emotional farewell post and that will make up for my lack of interesting stories these past few weeks. And yes, I know I have slacked on the Bella photos as well...shame on me, tisk tisk. Maybe a totally Bella post will come your way before our time is through, who knows! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment