Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April showers shivers bring May flowers

April 3 and we are one month away ladies and gentleman from...wait for it... GRADUATION! I know I know, I about this over and over. The passage of time, how fast it went, how much I've learned, how I will in some sick and twisted way be sad it ended. Oh wait, I didn't let that one out of the bag yet? Oops. My secret's out.

Let me clarify. There are things I will NOT miss about being and grad school and there are things that I will miss. You know you are alllmooost a nurse practitioner when you need to make organized lists and tables of your data. Here is my brain in a nice, organized list (they like that in grad school):

What I WON'T miss
-The constant deadlines
-The fear of failure (I guess that won't go away)
-The feeling of impending doom
-No sleep
-No exercise
-No personal grooming
-No free time with friends and family
-No time to have hobbies
-The paper writing
-The pressure of that final exam worth 1/3 your grade
-The fearing not finding a job

What I WILL miss
-Those many friends and acquaintances from school who I know time will drift away from me just because life works that way with some relationships
-Seeing these familiar faces
-Feeling of community
-Not having to worry about havings someone's life in my hands (without direct preceptor supervision)
-Having a set path in place that I don't have to devert from

So there, proof that the ol' Rachster does have a heart. And that new beginnings and their simultaneous endings come with both perks and downfalls. As I sit and reflect on how things will change alot next month, I also reflect on how I had a job interview today with what would be the perfect place for me to start. Let's hope the next few weeks bring the joy of a job. Who knows.

Until next time, folks, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment