Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, and Thank YOU!

Hello, ya'll! Well, we've made it to that special time of year...winter! It is hard to believe that a short 3 months ago I was packing up my bag, buying my books and breathing deep in preparation for the new school year. Thanksgiving is in 2 days and 2013 is only a short 41 days away (but who's counting!). We've made it to that special time of year. Every time winter rolls around, I feel a bit torn. One part of me hates the winter. I miss that fresh, summer smell in the air, the sound of crickets at night and the feeling of the hot sun. On the other, I LOVE the winter: a true Boston girl to the bone. The brisk, crisp air and those beautiful sunrises... the snow really is gorgeous. Either way, it's here so we might as well embrace it!

Every thanksgiving, I get a bit overwhelmed when I reflect on that famous question: what am I thankful for? When truly taking a moment to answer this honestly, here are some things that come to mind:

My family. My boyfriend. My friends. My puppy! My health. My future. A roof over my head, clothes on my back. My two legs, two arms, two eyes and two ears. The freedom to speak, to think, to be what I want to be. To be able to travel, to acheive my goals. To vote. To determine my own destiny. To be independent. For my car, my apartment, my cell phone. For the challenges and setbacks that have made me stronger. For the qualities I have that make me who I am.

I am also thankful for YOU! Yes, you. We may have never met, but, in some way by reading my blog, you and I are indeed connected and have a relationship. While I may not know the ins and outs of your psyche, you sure as heck know mine after all this time. So thank you for allowing me into your life, and I hope to one day to allow you into mine!

Clinical goes on (224 hours and counting!), the studying goes on (finals a mere 3 weeks away), and time goes on.

May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of all the things, people and food you love!

Until next time,
Rachel

Bella the Burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment