Sunday, February 3, 2013

The beat goes on

It's absolutely crazy that it is already February! Three months to go and I will be released into the wild, free from the grasp of Regis College, from the papers, the deadlines...but at the same time, WOW, is that petrifying. At clinical, I am seeing patients on my own: assessing, educating, deciding on appropriate treatments. But there is one thing that keeps my head afloat and my heart from beating out of my chest: I get to check in with my preceptor and get their okay and input. The thought of having that step suddenly disinegrate and me magically become an independent provider in the near future is no incredibly scary and exciting to me! I guess it makes it that much more important to not only find A job, but find the RIGHT job that provides me with guidance, support and leadership.

Clincial is going great so far, amidst my exhaustion. I am in clinical 4 days a week:

Mondays- Brockton 730a-230p
Tuesdays- Milford 100p-600p
Wednesdays- Regis Health Services 830a-400p
Fridays- Everett 900a-400p

This is not including my 3 classes, online clinical group, per diem nursing job, 20-30 page papers due each week, campus involvement, and personal life (what's that?)! People ask me how I do it. Honestly, I just DO. When you love something, you do whatever it takes to make it happen and that's just it. If you want something and you have a goal, you just do what you have got to do: no excuses!

I am continuing to learn incredible things in clinical. Every day that goes by, I imagine myself stuffing a new paper into my brain's file cabinet. I have a feeling the folders will be forever endless! Little tidbits about medication interactions, side effects...about diagnostic procedures..screenings...recommendations. Every day is a new adventure and a new lesson.

Already in the blink of an eye, it will be time for midterms and moving on towards the finish line. Until then, I'll keep on trucking!

No comments:

Post a Comment